Friday, June 22, 2012

Gadgets

I have a collections of kitchen/cooking gadgets.  Larry used to buy them for me at Christmas each year, until I told him to stop!  I have  most all of  the appliances a girl could wish for:  Kitchen Aid stand mixer,  electric hand mixer, blender, emersion blender, food processor, etc.  But for years I have wished for a simple old-fashioned egg beater, not a "wonderful wire whisk" but an egg beater.  So I bought this one.
An OXO egg beater.  The black handle doesn't show very well on my black counters but it is a stub, which is very easy to hold.  It comes apart for ease of cleaning and I just love it!  Whips up French toast mix like a dream and is easy to whip cream or egg whites.  I use it several times a week.

We've been eating a great many simple green salads this summer.  Having found that even Rob will eat this:  a slab of iceberg lettuce, a few slices of cucumber, some tomato and some Feta cheese.  Sometimes we add grilled or roasted chicken, yummy.  Anyway, after cutting the lettuce it turns brown on the edges and looks icky for the next time so I bought this:
A lettuce knife.  It's plastic and doesn't turn the lettuce brown-or at least not as soon.

Don't you just love gadgets?  Do you have a favorite?

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I love gadgets! It's so hard to resist them. I have my grandmother's egg beaters - rustic and very fashionable but they are incredibly sturdy and beat eggs as well today as when they were first made. Last gadget I bought was a special cutter that turns carrots/cucumbers into long ribbons or spaghetti. Lots of fun!