Monday, January 28, 2013

The purge and organizing bug!

I've been bitten by a bug!  That's the only explanation for what is going on around here!

I've purged, ordered and inventoried all the freezers and the big frig upstairs.  It was crazy.  I'm sad to say I threw out a significant amount of food as it had been in there so long as to be unrecognizable (and would be yucky to eat.)  I doubt I've ever done the freezers before, or not for at least three years!  Now I can see what's there and I plan to eat all the meat type stuff before I buy more.  I'm also adopting a plan to keep an inventory, including the date I put it in there, so that this doesn't happen again.  I want a serious stockpile but I don't want it to go bad!  Do have to inventory the cabinets next.


I've made pretty good progress on the suffering for 15 minutes with the books.  I've finished the three shelf bookcase in the kitchen (cookbooks) and have only two shelves left on living room bookcase #1 (of 2 seven shelfers.)  I am pleased with the progress.  If I can continue this pace I'll finish next month!  Still have to buy a BIG hard drive for the photos-may be a while before that can even begin.  I can apply the 15 minutes to cleaning up my garage-oh joy.  It does work, even these little 15 minute increments.  Just being able to say I can quit in 15 minutes makes it easier.


Also I've been hand-quilting every day for an hour and I am happyish with that progress.  I do hope I get faster and better as I practice.


It was 70F today-yep in January-which won't last but Quinn and I have enjoyed the past two days of walking with my having to bundle up against the cold.  This afternoon I walked in a short sleeved shirt and no jacket.  It is to cool off again now but it was a nice break!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

It's so cathartic to purge! I did my freezer before Christmas and we had some weird meals as a result. All filled up again now.Glad you and Quinn had a chance to go for a walk.