Wednesday, January 16, 2013

This weeks edition of Cross-stitch!


It's that time again, for a cross-stitch update! Here's where I was last week.

And here's where I am today:
The Bear is finished-actually looks like a bear this week!  Only two more animals and some background stuff then I'll be ready for backstitching.

I did get the second quilt top sewn together but haven't found the space, with good lighting, or the time to get photos of them.  I've been looking around on the internet at fabric for the borders and backing but I'm just not sure yet.  In the meantime, besides doing some serious cross stitching every day I've been making hexie flowers and working on the SECRET paper piecing project.  I continue to be surprised by the fact that I LIKE, I mean REALLY LIKE, doing English paper piecing.  I don't really like making the same block over and over and believe me I'm making the same thing over and over and loving it.

My sewing room is a total disaster.  I've been cleaning, or trying to, but it's a slow go.  There is just too much in there, I'd hoped that finishing things up would make a difference but I don't know if that's going to be enough.  I may have to have a purge!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Oh yes! How on earth did I think that was cat? Don't answer that question! I'm excited to read about your paper piecing project. I'll be working on mine again as soon as the weather cools. Too hot and sweaty for hand sewing at the moment.