Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow!

The snow has come!  We're to have snow for the  next 24 hours!  10 inches or more!  All the schools are closed, the courts, some of the cities, churches, everything shut down.  We're even to have "Thunder snow." But not technically a blizzard.  I'm riding the first of it out with Elizabeth, may not get home today either.  That depends on how fast they release Lucas from the hospital today-he had some surgery yesterday which required an overnight stay. When they get home I'll check with my neighbors and see how the roads are there, I only have rear wheel drive on the truck which makes it harder to get around.  Every winter I swear I'm getting a new vehicle before NEXT winter, one with four wheel drive! On top of that, my snow thrower wasn't even turned on last winter and it WOULD NOT start, sigh.  (Note to self, take Hank-the snow thrower-to be serviced before fall.  Hum, also take lawn mower in NOW.)

The boys and I will be hanging out and watching the snow!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Snow! Snow! Come out in the Snow! (the first book I remember reading and a serious favourite - see I was never meant to live in the scorching heat). Obviously, I have no concept of what snow means to moving around, etc. I shall continue to live in blissful ignorance for now.