Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What I'm Reading-Tuesday

So Judy over at Patchwork Times has a Tuesday link up on what you're reading, so I thought I'd play along.

I nearly always have at least two books going.  I love to read but it can get me in trouble!

I just finished this
A wonderful ending to the Wheel of Time series-I've read all 14 books, most more than once.  My sons and I like to discuss these books and have waited impatiently for each new book to be released. We'll have to find another set of books, this is the last one and Mr Jordan crossed over several years ago, :((.  We can still read Brandon Sanderson's books though and Rob and I like them.  Really great storytellers if you like fantasy.

I'm about half way through this one as well.
This one is a lovely tale about a storyteller, the oral kind, and a boy (who grows up).  The boy is fascinated by the storyteller and tries to find him.  The best part though are the stories the man tells!  Wonderful stories about the history of Ireland!  I am in love with all things Irish!  I have a set of photographs I took in Ireland hanging on my kitchen wall and I look at them several times a day.  

I started another one today, but I can't remember the full title and it's in then other room!  I am insatiably curious and my reading reflects that!  Can't wait for the next J D Robb due out later this month, I've already pre-ordered it!

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

I think I remember books. Those things with a picture picture on the cover and lots of typing inside. I wish I had more brain space for reading as I miss it terribly. BTW - love the image on your blog header but it only flashes momentarily before going black.

Anonymous said...

I need to start over at the beginning. Somewhere around book 8, I think, I retired and my life changed and I lost track of the series, though I thought about it each time a new book came out. One of these days, I will start at the library, because mine are gone now, and go all the way to the end.