Sunday, April 14, 2013

Another Sunday

This was a week I was glad to see go!  Last Sunday night and all day Monday it rained, 3.5 inches total, which we really need but you can imagine the mud a long-haired double coated sheltie collects!  It's depressing.  Also much cooler, we went from sleeping with the window open and the ceiling fan on to heat and an extra blanket!  On Tuesday morning I got up went into the garage to find something and FOUND a large puddle of water, ugh.  Call the plumber.  Both he and I are mystified.  The water did not come up through the floor drains as it had not come up in the laundry.  There are no cracks in the foundation (there) either the wall or the floor,  an inspection of the outside hose attachment shows dry dirt against the house, and none of the pipes are leaking.  It's raining again, I should go look.

Then Wednesday night as I was ironing, the iron just up and quit!  I've only had this one a year!  So on Thursday I bought a new one-a cheap one!  I've given up reading reviews or spending significant money on a new purchase.  Things don't last any more and price is no indication (nor reviews) that you are buying a quality item.

I've had revolving days of much accomplishment followed by not much at all, sigh.  Guess I should be happy to achieve anything at all!  The yard is cleaned up and the remaining leaves either bagged or really crunched up and spread along the fences in a likely futile attempt to keep Quinn out of the mud!  Not much stitching, though.

On a happy note!  Thursday was Grandparents Day at Kolby's school and that was fun!  He and I made a magnetic photo frame, ate cookies and read books together.  He said I was a good reader.

Tomorrow is Monday and that means I'm off to the Trails Museum to work in the library.  I'm currently processing a large collection and I find it quite entertaining to bring order to chaos.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

We really need a bit of rain here to settle the dust although it highlights the fact the roof is leaking in places. I hope you discover the source of your puddle. I bet Quinn quite enjoys the mud much to your dismay!