Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Mini Quilt-Shop Hop

After the Adoption hearing and lunch yesterday I took off across northern Missouri on a Mini Quilt shop hop.  The first place I stopped was closed and for sale, I later learned it shut down last year, bummer.  The Second was Missouri Star Quilt Shop in Hamilton Missouir.  Where I bought some of the fabrics for this:

Sideways-can't seem to fix it!
Then it was on to Quilter's Harvest in Higginsville.  I've been here several times and always liked it but she seems to be downsizing if not considering closing, bummer so I only bought fat quarters.

Then I visited a new on in Blue Springs, very small but I think they plan to expand if it goes. I bought the last fabric for Twist and a fat quarter here.

New Fabrics for twist (I already had the turquoise and I still need the black but it never happens that I find all the fabrics I'm looking for in one day! Some of these may not make the final quilt and some of those colors aren't quite right!  The one that looks red is actually raspberry!)

Then the fat quarters-I'm collecting blues and reds for future quilts.  Altho, this red was bought just because it was cute!

After that I picked Quinn up at Camp Bow-Wow and got home for a late dinner!  Then I mowed the lawn, and fixed the lawn mower.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

It's so disappointing to see the quilt shops close. That twist pattern is fantastic! Looks tricky though. Fabrics look good too. Camp Bow-Bow - so cute.