Friday, September 13, 2013

Getting ready.

I'm scheduled to have surgery on my knee again on the 23rd of this month, removing the baker's cyst which has been annoying me for months now!  Yeah!  I don't know how long it will take to recover but I'll have stitches for 10 days.  Soon after that leaves, the raking of them, begin.  Added to that is the winterizing of the gardens and truck etc.  Then we are into the heart of the holidays!  (I'll still be raking until the first week in December, Yikes!)  Anticipating all that I have a pages long list of "to do's!"  Likely I won't finish all of them  but I am making good progress.  Lots of cleaning, cobweb getting, etc-It took three days to really clean the laundry room but boy does it look great! Cleaning isn't just about wiping up for me, it can also be about re-arranging.  Usually I make a huge mess in at least one other room!  (The laundry made two messes, as I had to move things about in the garage as well.)  I've only two things left on the yard list-finishing up the edging by the peonies and tidying up the shed, will finish those this weekend.  Then it's more cleaning!  I've cut fabric to finish 5 quilts-as if I'll finish all (any) of them!  The blocks are made for all but one-"Twisted"- I'll have all the pieces for the tops cut to keep going if I feel like sitting at the machine.  The new sewing room layout makes cutting more of a challenge, first I have to set up the cutting table or raise the table the machine is on, then there's pressing the wrinkles out of fabric that's been folded awhile. I even pulled some backing fabric for a couple.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing, getting ready.

No comments: