Sunday, September 29, 2013

Progress Update

Has there been progress?  You betcha!  I can get up and down out of chairs with only an ouch, I can hobble about (although not to far with out a break) and best of all I can sleep and change positions without any pain at all!  (All while keeping that leg as straight as possible so the scar tissue won't make the skin too short.  I don't even want to think where that might take me!)

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning.  I was awake and pain free for the first time since Monday morning, I didn't want to give that up!  Plus it was chilly out from under the covers and the cat had me pinned.  Hum all excuses but in the end I had to go potty so I got up-it was nearly 8am.  I usually get up at 6am and I went to bed at 8:30pm last night.  I think I might be catching up on my sleep!

Fall is here.  Thank goodness.  My favorite time of the year, cool crisp mornings, trees changing colors, and crisp fresh-picked apples.  Just The Best.  We won't talk about what happens when those pretty leaves fall on the ground, sigh.

On the sewing front, the past two days I have been working on the fills for Scott's rhombi.  I should finish those today and begin adding them to the top.  The top will be finished tomorrow, maybe.  Then it will need quilted, which I plan to do on the machine.  Still must get black batting, can't order it until I can measure it.  I've decided to use a heavy cotton for the backing, I have it in my stash and it will aid in stabilizing the odd shape of the thing for hanging.

So I'm off to finish Harry Potter's adventures while I stitch those fills!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Delighted to read that you are up and about without too much discomfort. All you excuses had me chuckling. As we are already have 30 degC plus days your Fall is making me envious.