Friday, October 25, 2013

Finishes on Friday

Okay, it's not completely finished.  It still needs quilted and bound but the top is finished!  
This is Scott's Rhombi.  This particular rhombi is a Penrose Tiling, a mathematical construct.  Appropriate since Scott is a mathematician!  It is English paper pieced and will be machine quilted.  I hope to get it sandwiched tonight.

I've been trying, with only moderate success, to get caught up.  Four weeks of sitting around doing only the bare minimum as far as housekeeping and shopping are concerned and I'm left with a long list of to dos!  Shopping is a tiring affair when I feel great,  now, still suffering from much nerve pain,  I can only manage two stores before I'm dead!  All the stores are so big, and the parking lots are so big!  So much walking! I hope to be back to normal by Thanksgiving, sigh. 

I did go back to my volunteer positions last week and will keep going unless it is the same time as physical therapy. The tomato and pepper plants have been pulled and I have the plants inside that I hope to overwinter with a little warm spot made for them.  I need to transplant the lemon and clementine trees and the basil then that will be done.  We got our first hard frost last night and the trees are really changing color now, some of them are really beautiful!  

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

That is visually stunning and looks difficult to achieve. Very sorry to read that the nerve pain is giving you so much trouble and discomfort. We are already having temps in the high 30s so your frost and fall colours are quite appealing.