Monday, October 7, 2013

I've retired my chair!

So in the continuing saga of my personally being a work in slow progress I'm able to walk around the house enough to retire my desk chair!  It has taken it's rightful place in my office/sewing room.  I still use crutches for trips beyond the house and I still spend more time sitting in my nest than I do moving around but some progress has been made.  The doctor said the cyst was the size of a ping pong ball and that he did much pulling and pushing in the joint to get it out and trace the stem down to cauterize it.  Neither of us is especially surprised by the nerve pain, he did prescribe a med to help settle things down.  I also had to go for an ultrasound to rule out blood clots.  I was a very tired girl on Thursday after all that "crutching!"  Saturday morning it was so chilly, and I could finally bend over far enough to put on socks, that I wore real shoes (not flip flops) and I found I could walk much better.  I think full recovery is still weeks away though, darn it.  Tonight I will try sitting at the sewing machine and see how that goes as I'm in withdrawal!

I planted Kale, Broccoli and Cabbage about 3 weeks ago, for grins I've never done any fall planting or grown those three things.  The Broccoli looks peaked, the cabbage is doing quite well but the kale is being eaten up by something.  (I haven't crutched over there to check it out, maybe tomorrow.)  The mums are looking grand though!  Such pretty pops of color in gardens that are mostly done for the year.

I've been making a few hexie flowers and playing around with the Clover Yo-yo makers while sitting but not really accomplishing much.  Reading and napping!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Glad to read that you are on the improve and have parked your chair for now. That was some cyst you had there girly. No wonder it gave you so much grief! We desperately need rain here as it's so dry. The back garden has set like stone. Napping seems like a good strategy.