Friday, October 18, 2013

Still limping along

I went to the knee Doc on Thursday.  He is doubling the meds for the nerve pain and I'm to begin Physical Therapy soon.  I have good days and bad days-sadly I'll have a great day which is followed by two or three bad ones but I think forward progress is being made.  At any rate it is what it is and I haven't any choice but to live with/through it.  I go back to see him in 4 weeks.

The Eye Doc visit on Monday (which left me mostly blind for the rest of the day!) was for my cataracts, which apparently are getting closer to being ready to come off as  I have a new script for glasses.  I'd really like to not have to wear glasses so I'd like for him to say it's time for surgery, maybe next year.

I have done a little sewing this past week, finished off two pillowcases for Nora (oops no photo-think Hello Kitty with pink and black bands).  I sent her quilts, and birthday gifts etc UPS on Wednesday and went to the quilt shop!  (Bought some fat quarters, some greens to see what I like for my hexie quilt.  Now I need to go back and buy some yardage!) Also put two strips of Hill country spring together.  I only need to add 8 or 9 strips and the top will be finished! I have a hard time sitting in a chair without a place for my leg to be straight so it's slow going.  I'd really like to get Twisted finished before I have company at Thanksgiving.

Brayden is here for a short school holiday for teacher/parent conferences and we've been playing a lot of checkers.  After lunch we're going to bake a pie for my Dad, and maybe take it to him.  Have to see how I'm holding up!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

That knee is proving troublesome. I hope that your good days will outweigh the bad sooner rather than later.

During WWII the English had a song and saying - Cheer Up! Cheerio! Carry On!

I know - easily said.

Despite this you seem to get such a lot done - I wish I could do half of what you get done.

BTW - You didn't say what kind of pie?