Monday, November 11, 2013

Finally, A cold night! A really cold night.

A front has moved in bringing wind, misty rain and MUCH colder air.  I think tonight's low it to be 20F-not extremely cold but cold enough that a mug of hot tea is just the thing!

Today was quilt guild, so many talented ladies!  We had Quilt University, where we went to different places and learned how to do something an easier way or just something new.  My favorite was the demo on piecing circles-using freezer paper, so glad I didn't throw that out! (the freezer paper, that is.) There was also one on "growing" fabric for backing, pretty confusing and I'm not sure if I'll ever use it but it is an interesting idea.

I had to race home after to change for Physical Therapy.  My therapist warned me that there would be bad days-this one was.  A combination of too much activity over the weekend, too much sitting this morning, a major weather change, and the fact that I ran out of nerve pills over the weekend.  Just lying on my stomach caused real pain in that knee.  So now I get to take it easy for a few days, sigh.  And hit the ice again.  I had planned to hit a new (to me) fabric shop after therapy as I need backing material for Hill Country Spring but instead I sat in my chair, ice pack on the knee and took a nap!  Quinn was a Day camp so I took myself out for Mexican, picked her up and now I'm settling in for TV watching and working on Scott's Rhombi.  Hill Country Spring gets folded up until after the first of the year as my long-arm quilter is trying to have a life!  So no more quilts until 2014!  I'll likely have have Twisted done by then as well.  It's not as if I don't have a multitude of things to work on!

On tap for tomorrow, typing at the Historical Society, and cleaning one small, not very dirty room.  Then more stitching, maybe cross stitch.  There will be some stretches, exercises and ice in there as well.  I think those things are in my future for quite some time.  Makes me wonder what knee replacement would be like if a cyst removal causes this much trouble!

No comments: