Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas? What's done?

So all five trees are up!  After all the effort the big tree (in my header) took I was glad that only the smallest tree had lighting issues!  I replaced those and all have been decorated.  Some of them less heavily than others, but that's okay I like them all.  I'll try and put up a photo of my decorations every day until I run out, no promises though.

In fact, all the decorations have been put out and the boxes returned to the attic. Whew, that was a MESS!

Most of my shopping is done as well-Thank You Amazon.com!  The UPS man is making regular stops here for a few days.  That means wrapping will commence soon-although for a few gifts I'm going to need to get creative.

No cards mailed out as yet, but I do have them purchased.

No baking done.  I'm not doing very much this year as we are all watching very carefully what we eat these days.  I'll make my fruitcake (for my Dad), Povatica to share around and blueberry coffeecake.  So much less than I have made in the past.  I used to begin December 1st and bake something nearly every day, sigh.  I sometimes miss that as I really love to bake.

Tomorrow, I'll clean the house up and get the guest room ready as I'm being invaded by the grandsons on Saturday for a sleepover!  I have big plans for outings and such-I really hope the weather doesn't throw a spanner into our plans.  But if it does we'll figure something else out!

No comments: