Saturday, December 21, 2013

More Santas

This one is in my bedroom, originally intended for a Stocking for my mom, it was my first time to "do it backwards", then she choose another pattern-on black!  I'm still doing the backwards but I don't ever want to do another one in black!

 I painted these two (and several more) one year when I thought it might be fun to do craft painting.  (I was never a true painter).  I did a few other things and I still have them all.  These guys are getting beat up, but I guess that makes then look vintage-wait they are vintage 1991!
Such a jolly St Nick!

Then there's Mr and Mrs Claus!  Gifts from the children, I can't use them as the paint comes off in the wash!  Still they are awfully cute!

I have some Santas on the tree as well as little bears wearing Santa Hats!  I'm sure there are photos somewhere.

We are bracing for a winter storm.  Perhaps beginning with some rain/sleet=ice and followed by several inches of the white stuff.  I hope it's all done by 6 am like the weather guessers think as I have one o'clock tickets to the Kansas City Ballet's performance of The Nutcracker!  Brayden and I are having a date!  I do not want to give that up  (and won't unless they call it off.)

The halls are decked, the shopping done and I'm soon off to make a fruitcake for my Dad.  Sadly, the fruitcake will be made without the candied fruit as I cannot find it in the stores!  I could make it but its too late for this year.  I doubt he'll notice as it only calls for 1/2 cup and there are dried fruits galore in it.  Apricots, dates, cherries and raisins!  And two kinds of nuts!  It's yummy.

I still have to get the guest room ready and clean house a bit, first I may need a nap!

No comments: