Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Beginning!

Every year is a new beginning, a fresh start, the time to make choices that change your life.  So that is my plan for 2014.  A new beginning and finally making those choices that will change my life.  It's hard and confusing trying to decide between one thing and another because this time it isn't possible to have both.  Sometimes you can have both, sometimes not.

In that line of thinking, I'm going to re-think my choice of participating in Bonnie Hunter's Mystery.  I pulled fabrics, I bought the rulers, I'm in the Facebook group and now that I've seen the reveal I agree that it's a beautiful design. I know I could do it but the fact is I just don't want to.  Else I'd have cut some of the fabric I pulled!  I just do not want to start another quilt, at least not until I've finished more of the ones already begun.  To begin another quilt now, when quilting is not my passion and I have so many other things I want to try, just adds another layer of frustration.  So in a few minutes I'm going to put all that fabric up, store those rulers, and put the directions inside of the Bonnie Hunter book I own.  I won't need to think about it any longer and that will be a good thing!

After that I'll work on Scott's Rhombi--the edge from hell!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Good for you! After starting to tidy up the sewing room yesterday I decided that with three quilts to finish, any new projects in 2014 will be small ones.