Monday, March 3, 2014

The end of winter?

The calendar says it's March and that should be the end of winter here. Ha!  Later today I'll be clearing 4 inches of snow off my drive.  I am happy that it's only 4 inches as the prediction was for 5-9 inches (boy did they miss that one!)  It is bitterly cold, the last I checked it was zero degrees F with wind chills well below freezing.  The high today isn't to break 20F, our normal high for early March, 50F.  I love winter, it comes right after fall/autumn in the list of seasons for me-fall's the best, summer the worst!  That said, I'm really tired of being cooped up inside!  I was confined all fall with the knee and then winter hit, so can I say "cabin fever!"  I keep telling myself it will soon be nice enough to get Annie (the bike) out and take her for a spin!

I've been working steadily on the book-you'll likely get tired of hearing that!  The current research/biography is centered on John Calvin McCoy whom I have come to admire very much.  I can't say that about all of the others.  It is strange how one can develop an opinion of someone's character when they died in the 1800's!  Most every day I put in several hours on it-I get up every hour or two to do some chores so I don't get too stiff.

I've also been working steadily on "Twisted"  Not spending hours at it but I usually get a few blocks done each evening.  At the end of this week I'm hoping to begin sewing the top together.  I also hope to get the back ready for Hill Country Spring and off to the long-armer.  There are a few new projects I've got on the list for this week as well-likely I won't get them all done but. . . .  I need a fleece cover for my new hottie/hot water bottle--really can not imagine how I've gotten along this far into my life without one! It's so heavenly to put my feet against it, sigh.  I also need a new cover on the heating pad--does it sound like I get cold?  Sometimes, I'm really cold even in the summer-probably need iron!  I also have a zipper to replace in a hoodie, some doll clothes for Nora and a couple of dresses to alter for the big wedding.

Speaking of the wedding, I found my dress yesterday!  There's a big load off!  I found Nora's flower girl dress last weekend and ordered the sash for it yesterday as well.  So only the proper undergarments and shoes left for me!  Oh, and the rehearsal dinner.  We're having a shower for Tanya on Saturday night out at Beth's-that should be fun!

Have to go, time to change the laundry from washer to dryer and fill the washer again!

No comments: