Sunday, January 11, 2015

11/365


I do love a cup of tea!  I especially like Irish Breakfast Tea, of which there is not a single packet in this picture!  I've always liked hot tea, I remember ordering it when we ate out as a child-it was a special treat.  My family drank coffee.  My grandmother drank it hot or cold, black as tar,one cup after another,  my parents had it after each meal, I drank it in college (some-with a whole lot of sugar) and when Larry and I got married we had it for breakfast every morning.  Several years ago I kept buying different coffees trying to find one I liked--it was a no go and after Larry passed I kept on making it, fixing a cup and letting it go cold so I could toss it out.  One day I had a light bulb moment--I do not like coffee!  Oh, I'll occasionally have a cafe mocha but I think that's mostly for the chocolate!  Now, I drink tea every morning, with honey, and it's delightful

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Irish Breakfast is my favourite too! I also like Prince of Wales but you only find that in speciality tea shops here. Silly question but do you drink it with milk? I have milk and no sugar as I find the milk here quite sweet. If you ever come to Australia for a visit I should like to take you out to high tea.