Friday, January 2, 2015

2/365

This isn't a great picture but it does show you what our sky has been like.  Gray.  Day after day of gray! It's hard on one's outlook to not have the sun, Vitamin D capsules can only go so far, then I just want to pull to covers over my head and sleep.

I've begun a happiness project as one of my goals for the year, so far I've just made that massive list of things to do this year!  Most of them are long term things so I get to check them off if I just work a little bit on them.  So, I am not marking too many things as done yet but each day it will grow longer. For example, I don't have to make menus tomorrow only follow them, much less time consuming so I can do something else! As part of the exercise I am re-reading Gretchen Rubin's books The Happiness Project and Happier at Home. Also beginning a big purge (again) of belongings.  I plan to sell my house this year and I don't want to move more than is absolutely essential.

My word for the year is CHANGE.  So today I got a haircut--hope I end up liking that change!  As part of the changes I want to make happen I ordered a number of Great Courses to work through this year.  Everything from cooking to math and astronomy.  I began the first photography one today, hopefully you will see the improvement in my photos soon.

I'm off to watch a movie now!

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Such a positive start to the year. Happy to trade you some cold weather for the heat and humidity we are having here. Nothing as dreadful as those in South Australia being devastated by horrendous bush fires. I'm planning a progressive clean up and out this year. Really have accumulated too much stuff that never sees the light of day.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

We have had mostly gloomy and grey now for what seems like ages here in Western PA as well.