Friday, January 9, 2015

OOPS! Days 8/365 and 9/365

So I missed yesterday. I'm pretty sure it won't be the last time!
Day 8 continues the theme of crystals.

The same teardrop is proving to be lots of fun.  Both the green dot and the yellow are actually light refracted from the crystal!  I just moved a little bit to the left!  Playing around with a camera is all kinds of fun!

For day 9 I continued the theme of glass.  Glass is a miracle-sand and heat along with other chemicals create wonderful colors!  This is my collection of witches and fairy balls-along with a glass float.

Now, I'm off to Joann's for materials needed for a class I'm taking on Monday after Quilt Guild.  Then to Target for a few necessary things.

It looks like I'm off to Boston next Month--road trip!!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Interesting facts - The Egyptians first made glass, then the Romans, then the Syrians and finally the Venetians stole the method from them. There are academics who believe that the Chinese civilization atrophied because they failed to develop glass production and stuck with ceramic. Have fun at JoAnn's - be careful. I'd love to visit Boston. So much history to see.