Monday, January 26, 2015

Short time out for being sick!

So, I haven't been around for a week-so much for my goal of blogging each and every day!  The whole photo each and every day went out the window as well, sigh.  I took one photo last week, of Ryan, on my cell phone and I haven't even dug out the cords so I can move it over to the laptop.

As you may have guessed I went to St Louis on Tuesday to see Ryan, his Mom and Dad!  I had decided to take my time going down and stop in Higginsville to visit a quilt shop I like-which had closed, although there is supposed to be another one there I have yet to find it!  I also want to visit this huge boot store, I've been meaning to stop for YEARS, literally!  I would really like to have some nice boots.  Several pair actually, warm boots, cowboy boots and designer boots.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any that will go on my foot!  This store does have thousands of boots, I didn't try any on but I may go back and try on jeans there as they had some really cute ones.
When I finally made it to St Louis I was late enough to check into my hotel (another less than happy experience) before I headed to Children's hospital.  I spent the rest of that day, almost all of Wednesday and Thursday morning in the NICU with Ryan, he is currently called a feeder/grower as they are just feeding him and waiting for him to grow.  The whole feeder/grower thing makes me think of the Stock report on small country radio stations--We've called them feeder pig stations forever!  He has only his monitors, feeding tube and roposil to manage now so I can just go in and pick him up and love on him!  Thursday morning he was actually awake when I got there and I got to see his lovely eyes as he tried to take in his surroundings and the face of this crazy woman holding him!  Scott and I had lunch and I headed to the UGG outlet-again looking for boots, again none of them would go on my foot!  Then I headed home.  Stopped in Columbia for a quilt shop break then on home to get Quinn.  The closer I got to home to worse I felt and by the time I got in I was sure I had a cold.  I still haven't really unpacked!  Since then I've had a tissue box tethered to my hand and the couch in the studio has been my best friend--Thank goodness for NCIS dvds!

On Friday, Scott called with the good news that Ryan's transfer to Boston is all approved.  He will be transferred on March 2 and have the first surgery on March 6 and the second on March 20.  He still needs to gain 1000grams of weight (and he is slow to do that).  I am really glad they aren't going up this week since Boston is forecast to receive 30inches of snow!  Flights into New York and Boston were already being cancelled yesterday!  My trip will likely be in April now, which is also good as I wasn't keen on the idea of driving up with the weather so dicey.

So, now I am tired again.  Just from getting out of bed, having my tea and breakfast and writing this blog!  A little rest and I will have to do a bit of housecleaning, oh joy!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Thank goodness you made it home safely and I hope you will be feeling better soon. I must admit I thought there might be something with Ryan but had everything crossed that you were too busy smooching him to worry about blogging. That is terrific news about his approval. He's on his way!