Saturday, March 5, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge-Purple

First off let me just say that I am not a big fan of purple.  It does not jump off the shelf and beg to come home with me from the Quilt shop.  So I spent most of last week going thru each and every drawer and box of cotton fabric in the studio.  This tiny heap is what I ended up with (sorry it's blurry, the camera didn't want to focus on the lot!)


I did also manage 9 thimbles and 9 -1 1/2 inch blocks.  So out of this tiny pile I got two pieces for tumblers. 

People have been asking about the tumbler strips-yes they are tiny, 3/4inches wide.  Yes that's kind of insane but a surprising amount of fun as well.  It's going to be interesting.

Anyway, here's what came of my little pile of purple---
Four-four patches and eleven and a half tumblers.

 That's all she wrote for purple folks!


3 comments:

Ivani said...

I like the striped purple tumblers. Great way to use all those thin scraps.

The Joyful Quilter said...

We all have "our colors" and PURPLE is NOT yours!! You made a number of blocks with what you had and now you can move on to other sewing for the rest of the month. Tackle a UFO or two? Whatever you do, have SEW much FUN!!!

PaulaB quilts said...

I agree with Joy about RSC16. For me it's a place to show whatever I'm working on, not just the monthly colors. I consider it my blogging home where I meet my friends each week. Glad to have you as one of them. You have something unique to add. Keep up the good work!