Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Finally! The Studio!

The View from the door.
I now have one room really and truly unpacked and set up. 
 It took more days than I even want to think of!
I think it takes longer to do this than the kitchen.

The actual sewing nook.
 The little white cabinet of drawers is new. 
 From IKEA it's on wheels- not that there's space in here to move it about!
It holds all the tools of stitching
Some patterns
and paper crafting stuff.
The thread rack still needs to be mounted on the wall.

Part of the home office.
The tall oak piece under the tv holds my printer in the top part,
paper and other "office" stuff in the  bottom.
It's really too large but I love the piece and find it difficult to part with.

The other end of the room-with Grace.


The closet is the true reason I decided to use the room for my studio!
Cause it looks like this:



On the right of the door going in is where I store fabric on hangers. 
Mostly smallish pieces
but at the moment I have the fabric for the 365Challenge hanging as well.
I have the fabric primarily by color.
Behind the fabric are several shelves which hold my craft books.
At the back is a four drawer file cabinet.


On the left are things relating to miniatures.
Knitting,
Cross-stitch,
And just stuff!

Now, if I can only finish the rest of the house I might be able to use it!

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

What a fantastic set up! Your oak cupboard is handsome - it's not easy buying quality furniture these days. The button print mat is too cute and those IKEA drawers are terrific. Not surprising that it took so long to unpack and set up. That's quite a stash you have there. I love how you have used the closet for storage. All round a fabulous room to work in!

Chookyblue...... said...

OMg you look so organised......now to sew up a storm......can't wait to see what you make.....