Sunday, July 23, 2017

Another one begins!


This one is for Kolby who loves bright greens!
It seems BIG after the last one!
2.5 inch squares this time.


I fixed this board covered with batting to lay out the blocks for a Trip Around the World.
I know people do the strip set and cut them apart but I can never get the strip set sewn evenly.
I prefer to cut the squares and sew them together.
It does make for a LOT of cutting before beginning.
I've finished the first row on my homemade chart and begun the second, being extra careful of all those corners meeting!
 I'm stitching the blocks together as 
each one is finished, otherwise I'd have them all in a jumble.

It seems like all I do is sew at the moment-oh well, I am working setting up the
new studio a bit each day and pulling up nasty carpet a bit each day.
It's too hot to do much of anything and even though I miss it 
I am glad I do not have gardens at this house!

3 comments:

a good yarn said...

That's a fantastic set of Dragon Greens for Koby's quilt. TOTW always looks so good but it's such a lot of work. Koby's a luck lad indeed.

Charlene S said...

Be still my heart! Those greens are wonderful.

Chookyblue...... said...

keep plugging away at the flooring you will get it done........